Our World-Class Staff
Are you having difficulty managing pain but want to avoid medication? Chiropractic is an advisable choice before medicine and surgery, which are invasive, expensive and often have unwanted side-effects. Dr. Augat and Dr. Noonan, along with their exceptional team of trained professionals, aims to alleviate your pain and achieve an outcome that will allow you to live a more enjoyable life. We serve our Brunswick, ME, Kingfield, ME, and surrounding MidCoast and mountain communities with a commitment to excellent care.
If you can feel comfortable, happy, and can laugh, you are on your way towards wellness
Our Team & Our Credentials
Dr. Thomas J. Augat, D.C., M.S., C.C.S.P., F.A.S.A., F.I.C.C
Practicing Chiro in Maine Since 1988
Doctorate (D.C.): Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1987.
Masters (M.S.): University of Arkansas, 1979.
Bachelors (B.S.): University of Oregon, 1977.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (C.C.S.P.): National College of Chiropractic, 1994.
Fellow: Acupuncture Society of America (F.A.S.A.), 2000.
Fellow: International College of Chiropractic, 2017.
- American Chiropractic Association
- ACA Sports Council
- ACA Rehab Council
- Chiropractic Association for the Care of the Elite and Professional Athlete
- United States Sports Chiropractic Federation
- Prosport Chiropractic
- Acupuncture Society of America
- Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters
- Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
- Northeast Chiropractic Council Maine Chiropractic Association
- Chairman – Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (the profession’s national research and guidelines council)
- President – Northeast Chiropractic Council
- President – Maine Chiropractic Association
- Board Member / Incorporator – Maine Medical Assessment Foundation
- District Director / Board Member – Congress of Chiropractic State Associations
- Maine Delegate – American Chiropractic Association
- Advisory Board Member – University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic
- Maine State Medicare CAC Representative – National Government Services (13 years)
- President – Maine Chapter of Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Chairman – Maine Chiropractic Sports Council
- President – Mid Coast Chapter of the American Heart Association
- President Brunswick Intown (Business) Group
- President Brunswick Coastal Rotary Club
Dr. Michael Noonan, D.C., Dipl. Ac.
Dr. Mike Noonan had been in practice for 35 years and established an outstanding reputation as the premier chiropractic physician in that area before joining Augat Chiropractic in 2018. Augat Chiropractic is very pleased to have Dr. Noonan join our practice.
Like Dr. Augat, Dr. Noonan is a past president of the Maine Chiropractic Association. His practice is largely wellness-based, and he offers expertise in acupuncture and nutritional guidance. Dr. Noonan is well known for the health column he wrote for the Bangor Daily News.
Doctorate: (DC) Cleveland Chiropractic College, 1982
Fellow: Acupuncture Society of America, 2000 Diplomate: American Association of Chiropractic Acupuncture, 2002.
Member: American Chiropractic Association, Past President of the Maine Chiropractic Association.
Clinical Interests: Dr. Noonan has a natural general family-style practice. Along with treating joint and muscle problems, his practice focuses on helping patients with common health problems such as high blood pressure, GERD and other digestive problems, anxiety and depression, with a combination of chiropractic care, acupuncture, nutritional advice, and herbal and food based supplements.
Shoutout to Our Office Mascots!
Our special associates have the very important duty of bringing you happiness and peace during your visit.
Boz is our newest of four airedales we have had in our office throughout our 33 years of practice, and he may well be the most loving, gentle, relaxed, and friendly greeter of all of them. Boz is of championship lineage from Nova Scotia. Right from puppyhood, immediately established himself as a favorite of our patients. Like Sedge, Dex, and Dari before him, Boz takes his greeting responsibilities very seriously and is also in charge of demonstrating proper relaxation and stretching.
Al is our resident facility director. He is a 25-year old Lilac-Crowned Amazon Parrot, and he resides in the Caj Mahal (his well-appointed cage). A steady stream of comments and songs emanate from Al’s residence. He certainly adds to the character of the place, and we find that kids who visit our office particularly enjoy this character. Al absolutely loves to interact with and entertain children, and they love him.